in search of

It seems like a decade has passed, while I was doing nothing. Not even getting up in the morning, not even trying to. Just floating around from here to there, only sometimes a little higher on red wine and someones jokes. The year is still so young and I'm not too sure yet what I want it to become like. What I want to become. I know that I want to learn how to ride a skate board, but honestly that's all. 
So I started to watch a lot of movies, read a lot of books and listen to a lot of stories, to maybe figure out what my stories should be like. 
So I went to my friend's new apartment this Saturday for her birthday. To be honest, I never believed there is a single place in Tokyo where someone with European living standards could feel home. But when I saw this place, and how much love my friend put into every little detail, for the first time in a long time I kind of felt home. So in the morning, when she had already left for work, I cleaned up the glasses still full of Vodka-Dr. Pepper (yes...), leftovers from our beauty session and took a bath. And even though it was the first time at this place, it felt so homelike.
I guess when you put a lot of effort and love into a house it becomes a place where the soul can completely rest. So I thought, this is what I want to do first in this year: create myself a home, finally.
I even lit some candles yesterday.




Katie

1 comments:

Unknown | February 4, 2011 at 9:36 AM

I don't have to leave anymore
What I have is right here
Spend my nights and days before
Searching the world for what's right here

Underneath and unexplored
Islands and cities I have looked
Here I saw
Something I couldn't over look

Dieses Heimweh, schürrt die Angst,
die uns, dass Fernweh überliess.

i want to learn how to ride a Longboard...

Post a Comment